GILLIAN DU TOIT
In 2016 Gillian established a new company which was registered as Ambience Hospitality Brands Pty Ltd.
Because of her diverse experience in multi-disciplined operations and her relationships with international manufacturers of hospitality brands, she was given the opportunity to represent their products in South Africa.
After she matriculated at Alexander Road High School in Port Elizabeth she moved to Pretoria with her family. She spent the next four years studying and successfully obtained the following IT Diplomas and Certificates:
- MCSE – Microsoft Certified System Engineer
- MCP – Microsoft Certified Professional
- A+ – International IT Certification
- Diploma in Business Computing
In 2001 she was employed at CS Holdings in the IT sector and progressed to Head of Information Systems (MIS). Whilst there she implemented a new ERP system for the division in conjunction with an international supplier of the relevant software.
In 2004 she was offered a position at Berco Express (Pty) Ltd now known as Aramex South Africa (Pty) Ltd. They are global providers of comprehensive logistics and transportation solutions.
She progressed to Warehouse Manager and caretaker for key customers. She managed the complete supply chain process for customers including importation, warehousing and distribution (3PL).
Within two years under Gillian’s leadership the warehouse was rated as the number one warehouse for the Berco Group with regard to success in stock accuracy and customer service.
In 2011 she was employed at Premium Brand Housewares (Pty) Ltd formally known as Handle Hands Branding (Pty) Ltd as Operations Manager.
Premium Brand Housewares were market leaders in the importation and distributions of internationally known Houseware Brands.
She assisted in growing this company from infancy to market leaders. As operations manager her duties included forecasting, planning and executive reporting.
She designed the executive reports which were submitted to the directors each month and assisted with Strategic Planning as well as the execution thereof.
In 2016 she took up a position at DB Schenker South Africa a world leader in transportation and logistics. She was appointed in the following positions:
- Ocean Freight Manager, Import and Export
- Operations Manager, Logistics and Warehousing
Later in 2016 Gillian was approached directly by a number of the world’s leading Hotelware brands to distribute their products in South Africa. This was due to the withdrawal of certain brands from their existing South African partners.
Both her tertiary education and work experience in brand building, operations management, importation and distribution of leading retail and commercial products, had qualified Gillian as the ideal candidate for this exciting opportunity.
EXECUTIVE SALES CONSULTANT
These are the leading Hotelware brands that Ambience Hospitality Brands distributes in South Africa.
- SEB Professional for WMF Professional, Germany. – Flatware, Tabletop and Buffetware
- Zwiesel Glas Kristallglas, Schott Zwiesel, 1872 Hand Crafted, Jenaer Glas, Germany. – Glassware
- BHS Tabletop AG / Bauscher, Playground presented by Bauscher and Schönwald Professional Porcelain, Germany. – Porcelain
- Dudson Ltd presented by Churchill, United Kingdom. – Vitrified Ceramics
- Cra’ster Ltd, United Kingdom. – Buffetware,Table Top
- aida. Denmark. – RAW Stoneware
- kozoil, Germany. – Superglas Unbreakable